Our Gallery

Back

Crop Garden

The Charles Towne Landing Experimental Crop Garden tries to follow the same 1670 instructions given to Captain Joseph West, the leader of the Carolina expedition.

The original Crop Garden, the Lords Proprietors’ Plantation, was not located within the original Fortified colony. This garden was located across the Old Towne Creek and connected to Charles Towne by a wooden foot bridge. The Lords Proprietors’ Plantation was surrounded and protected by another palisade wall, the Star Fort.


Top